Children's Day is coming, so we share a suggestion for an easy and fun recipe that can be made with the help of the little ones.
These tasty lemon cookies are free from the 14 main allergens, gluten free, lactose free and suitable for a vegan diet.
Kids and adults will love getting their hands dirty and shaping their cookies. See below how you can prepare them.
For a delicious snack, accompany them with your favorite vegetable drink or fruit juice.
Ingredients (for about 12 cookies):
- 75g of Fidu Rice Flour
- 60g of Fidu Corn Starch
- 40g brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 50g of vegetable margarine
- 15ml of water
- 10ml of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Combine the rice flour, corn starch and sugar in a bowl. Mix well.
- Gradually add the margarine, mixing with the help of a fork or wire rod, until the margarine pieces are broken.
- Add the lemon juice and water. Mix well until it forms a uniform mass.
- Line the oven tray with parchment paper.
- Remove small portions of dough with a tablespoon and shape with your hands forming small balls. Place on parchment paper, flatten and press lightly with a fork.
- Bake at 180ºC for about 12 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Important note: When choosing vegetable margarine, you should pay attention to the dietary restrictions (allergies/intolerances) of those who are going to consume the cookies, since some brands may contain allergens or traces, for example milk, soy or nuts.