Berlin Ball - No Egg and No Milk (Vegan)
The hot days are here and taking a dip on the beach feels so good.
When we got to the towel we started to hear the famous phrase “OLHA A BOLINHA…LOHA A BOLINHA DE BERLIN”.
This is the inclusive version of Fidu's Berlin Ball that is gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and vegan.
It's a real temptation for kids and adults alike.
PASTRY CREAM without eggs, without milk (vegan)
– 250ml of coconut milk or vegetable drink (see note)
– 1/2 vanilla pod or 1c. powdered vanilla coffee
– 50g brown or coconut sugar
– 25g of Fidu Corn Starch
– 1 pinch of turmeric or turmeric (optional just for color)
– 10g of vegetable margarine
- Boil 200ml of coconut milk/vegetable drink with the vanilla. Remove from heat. (If using the vanilla pod, let it infuse for 30 minutes to 1 hour. After that time, remove the vanilla pod.)
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, cornstarch and turmeric (optional), add the remaining 50ml of cold coconut milk/vegetable drink and mix well.
- Bring the coconut milk/vegetable drink back to the boil.
- Add a third of the boiling coconut milk/vegetable drink to the sugar and starch mixture while whisking quickly. Then add the rest of the boiling milk and beat again.
- Put everything back in the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until the cream is bubbly and thickens, bring to a boil for about 30 seconds while continuing to stir constantly.
- Remove from the heat, immediately add the margarine and whisk for a long time until the cream is smooth and homogeneous. Let cool.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 balls):
- 1 pack of Fidu Traditional Cupcake Preparation 250g
- 30ml of vegetable oil
- 170ml of water
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Pour the contents of the package into a bowl and add 30ml of vegetable oil. Stir until you get a sandy-looking mixture.
- Add the water. Mix with a wire whisk or electric mixer, until obtaining a homogeneous cream with air bubbles.
- Pour the dough into pre-greased semi-sphere-shaped molds.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pan and the type of oven used). Check if they are cooked with the help of a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and unmold after a few minutes. Let cool.
- Cut the tops of the semi-spheres to be smooth and spread with the pastry cream and add the other half.
- Finally, you can sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Suggestion: You can also fill it with cocoa cream, using the recipe we shared for Carrot Cake with Cocoa Cover .
Note: The vegetable drink to be used must comply with the dietary restrictions of those who will consume it. You should always pay attention to possible contamination by traces of allergens, by carefully reading the labels and/or contacting the manufacturer.
If possible, opt for a drink without additives such as thickeners and other E's, as these can interfere with the final consistency of the cream.