OliveEmotion Olive Oil Cake
This Olive Oil Cake is an adaptation of the typical Alentejo recipe, which results from the combination of two Portuguese products: the Prepared for Fidu Cake, allergen-free, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan, to which we added the wonderful Extra Virgin Olive Oil from OliveEmotion.
These two Portuguese brands, who have known each other practically since the beginning, have a lot in common, so this partnership immediately made sense for both of them.
OliveEmotion carefully selects its raw material: olives of Portuguese varieties in their perfect state of health and maturation, which allows it to obtain a superior quality oil, with an acidity of less than 0.2%, extracted solely by mechanical processes.
Here we share this delicious Olive Oil Cake recipe, great for a snack or to enjoy with a cup of tea.
1. Preheat the oven to 170oC.
2. Pour the contents of the Fidu Cinnamon Cake Preparation package into a bowl and add the fennel.
3. Add 60ml of OliveEmotion Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir until you get a sandy-looking mixture.
4. Add 340ml of water. Mix with a wire whisk or electric mixer, until obtaining a homogeneous cream with air bubbles.
5. Pour it into an English cake tin (can also be a 20-22cm round shape) previously greased or lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes (baking time may vary depending on the type and size of the pan and the type of oven used). Check that the cake is cooked with the help of a toothpick.
7. Remove the cake from the oven, unmold it after a few minutes and let it cool.
Will you be able to resist?