Cinnamon Cake with Apple Reduction
Fidu, in partnership with the Cake Design store Açúcar Encantado , launched a challenge to make a cake for this festive Christmas season.
If you want to know how easy and quick it is to prepare, you can consult the recipe below:
- 60ml of vegetable oil
- 340ml of water
- 2 apples, cut into small cubes
- Half the weight of apples, in regular or coconut sugar.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Preheat the oven to 190oC.
- Pour the contents of the package into a bowl, add 60ml of vegetable oil. Stir until you get a sandy-looking mixture.
- Add 340 ml of water. Mix with a wire whisk or electric mixer, until obtaining a homogeneous cream with air bubbles.
- Pour the dough into a round shape of 20-24 cm in diameter, previously greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on the type and size of the pan and the type of oven used). Check that the cake is cooked with the help of a toothpick.
- While waiting for the cake, you can prepare the apple reduction by joining the apple cubes with sugar and cinnamon stick in a pan over medium/low heat and let it cook for about 20 minutes. It is necessary to stir from time to time.
- At the end, you can pass the wand, if you prefer to puree and let it cool.
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold after a few minutes and let it cool.
- To finish, pour the apple reduction over the cake.
… and it's ready to be served!