Confit Orange Cake
Those who follow us on Facebook or Instagram have probably already seen this cake, so we decided to leave the recipe for those who want to try making it at home.
It's a very simple and delicious recipe with our Traditional Cake preparation, which when we add the orange zest it gains another flavor and texture. It will be hard to resist.
- 1 pack ofFidu Traditional Cake Preparation 500g
- 60ml of vegetable oil
- 340ml of water (you can replace part of the water with the juice of 1 orange)
- Orange zest
- Peel of 2 oranges
- Brown or coconut sugar
- Cinnamon stick
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Pour the contents of the traditional cake preparation package into a bowl, and add the orange zest to taste.
- Add 60ml of vegetable oil. Stir until you get a sandy-looking mixture.
- Add 340ml of water (if you prefer, you can replace part of the water with the juice of 1 orange). Mix with a wire whisk or electric mixer, until obtaining a homogeneous cream with air bubbles.
- Pour the dough into a 20-22cm round shape previously greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on the type and size of the pan and the type of oven used). Check that the cake is cooked with the help of a toothpick.
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold after a few minutes and let it cool.
PREPARATION OF THE CONFITTED ORANGE:
- Wash the oranges well under running water.
- Cut the orange peel into strips about 1 cm wide. Place them in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil until it starts to boil.
- Remove from the heat, drain the water and repeat this process two more times, this will help to eliminate the bitterness of the rind.
- After the third boil, drain the water completely.
- Weigh the orange peels and add the same weight of brown sugar and half the weight of water. (for example: for 200g of skin add 200g of sugar and 100ml of water)
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring regularly so it doesn't catch. Remove from heat when the syrup starts to thicken.
- Decorate the cake with the orange peel strips and pour the syrup over the cake.
If you prefer, you can repeat the same process with orange slices about 3mm thick.
After these steps, all you need to do is taste the delicious Orange Cake.
Fidu cake preparations are free from the 14 main allergens , gluten free, lactose free, no ingredients of animal origin (suitable for vegan diets), no artificial additives and free from genetically modified organisms (GMO's).