Cocoa Pudding Cake
Today is World Chocolate Day and social media is full of delicious recipes with chocolate... but if you have a food allergy or intolerance you can only "eat with your eyes" or try to adapt the recipes...
Well, it was a bummer! But it doesn't have to be anymore, because we at Fidu thought of you and created an inclusive recipe, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, none of the 14 main allergens and vegan, and very easy to make.
As the theme today is chocolate, we decided to make a recipe with our Cocoa products with a fresher touch for these days of intense heat. A two-tiered cake: half cake, half pudding… and it's irresistible!
FIDU COCOA CAKE
- 1 pack of Fidu Cacao Cake Preparation 500g
- 60ml of vegetable oil
- 340ml of water
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Pour the contents of the package into a bowl, add 60ml of vegetable oil. Stir until you get a sandy-looking mixture.
- Add 340 ml of water. Mix with a wire whisk or electric mixer, until obtaining a homogeneous cream with air bubbles.
- Pour the dough into a round shape of 20-24 cm in diameter, previously greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 35 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on the type and size of the pan and the type of oven used). Check that the cake is cooked with the help of a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and unmold after a few minutes.
COCOA PUDDING without eggs, without milk (vegan)
- 750ml coconut milk or vegetable drink (see note)
- 1 vanilla pod or 2c. powdered vanilla coffee
- 100g brown or coconut sugar
- 75g Fidu Corn Starch
- 80g of Cocoa Powder Fidu
- 10g of vegetable margarine
- Boil 600ml of coconut milk/vegetable drink with the vanilla. Remove from heat. (If using the vanilla pod, let it infuse for 30 minutes to 1 hour. After that time, remove the vanilla pod.)
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, cornstarch and cocoa, add the remaining 150ml of coconut milk/cold vegetable drink and mix well.
- Bring the coconut milk/vegetable drink back to the boil.
- Add a third of the boiling coconut milk/vegetable drink to the sugar and starch mixture while whisking quickly. Then add the rest of the boiling milk and beat again.
- Put everything back in the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until the cream is bubbly and thickens, let it boil for about 30 seconds while continuing to stir constantly.
- Remove from the heat, immediately add the margarine and whisk for a long time until the cream is smooth and homogeneous. Let cool.
- Put the cake back in the mold and pour the pudding.
- Allow to cool and then place in the fridge to cool.
- You can also decorate to taste with other fruits of your choice.
note: The vegetable drink to be used must comply with the dietary restrictions of those who are going to consume it. You should always pay attention to possible contamination by traces of allergens, by carefully reading the labels and/or contacting the manufacturer.
If possible, opt for a drink without additives such as thickeners and other E's, as these can interfere with the final consistency of the cream.