Red Velvet Cocoa and Beetroot Cake
Valentine's Day is approaching and Fidu suggests a healthy Red Velvet Cake, suitable for Celiacs and for the main allergies and food intolerances.
Why healthy? Because in addition to using our cocoa cake preparation, without GMOs or artificial additives, we added beetroot.
Beetroot is an increasingly popular food as part of a healthy diet due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular protection effects, demonstrated by several scientific studies. In addition, some studies also indicate that beetroot can improve athletic performance in athletes. (1)
When we combine the cocoa with the beetroot, we get a natural flavor and an unmistakable reddish chocolate color, which is lighter and fresher with the filling of coconut whipped cream and wild berries.ATTENTION: If you want to make a cake for just two people similar to our photos, we suggest that you use half the portions of the ingredients in the recipe indicated below.
- 1 pack of Fidu Cacao Cake Preparation 500g
- 2 beets
- 60ml of vegetable oil
- 340ml of water
- Coconut cream for whipping (cream type) 250ml
1. Peel and wash the beets well, cut them into small cubes and put them in a blender along with the 340ml of water. Mix well until smooth.
2. Preheat the oven to 170oC.
3. Pour the contents of the package into a bowl and add 60ml of vegetable oil. Stir until you get a sandy-looking mixture.
4. Add the beet juice. Mix with a wire whisk or electric mixer, until obtaining a homogeneous cream with air bubbles.
5. Pour the dough by dividing it between 2 previously greased molds. (if you don't have 2 molds, we advise you to cook half the dough at a time)
6. Bake for about 30 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on the type and size of the pan and the type of oven used). Check if they are cooked with the help of a toothpick.
7. While you wait for the cake to bake, take the opportunity to beat the coconut cream until it becomes whipped cream. The cream must be fresh for a better result.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and unmold after a few minutes.
9. Trim the tops of the cake with a knife so they are flat.
10. Spread the whipped cream on top of the cake and add the blackberries and blueberries to taste.
11.Smear the bottom of the cake with whipped cream and place on top of the other cake.
12. Decorate the top of the cake with coconut whipped cream and berries.
Enjoy this recipe and make your Valentine's Day sweeter and more inclusive!
---(1) Clifford, T., Howatson, G., West, DJ, & Stevenson, EJ (2015). The potential benefits of red beetroot supplementation in health and disease. Nutrients, 7(4), 2801–2822.