Vegan Cocoa Brigadeiro
They are also a great alternative for those on a diet because in this recipe we use sweet potatoes instead of condensed milk, making them more nutritious and less caloric.
Have you ever had your mouth watering? See the recipe below.
Ingredients:- 1 medium sweet potato (approx. 250g)
- 25g of cocoa powder Fidu
- 40g brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 20g of vegetable margarine
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
optional: fresh grated coconut
1. Peel the sweet potato, cut into pieces and place in a pan. Cover with water and bring to the boil to cook until soft.
2. Remove the pan from the heat, drain the cooking water well and crush the sweet potato until it becomes a puree.
3. Add the Fidu Cocoa powder, sugar, margarine and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Bring to a simmer, stirring well, until the margarine has melted.
5. Remove from heat. Stir a little more until you get a homogeneous mixture.
7. Place in the fridge for about 1 hour.
8. Remove from the fridge and form balls with the help of a spoon.
9. Wrap them in Fidu powdered cocoa or freshly grated coconut.
Natural low-fat cocoa powder is obtained from roasted, pressed and ground cocoa beans.
Cacau Fidu contains only cocoa, no added sugars and no other ingredients, being free from gluten, lactose and the 14 main allergens and their traces. As it is a natural product of plant origin, without artificial additives, it is also suitable for vegan diets.