Corn Nachos and Guacamole
This week we celebrated the International Day Without Diet and that's why we asked in our stories “What's your downfall, sweet or savory?”. It was a close fight, but the salty ones won with 57%. For this reason, we set ourselves the challenge of presenting a savory recipe.
As this week was also celebrated the famous Mexican Cinco de Mayo, we remembered to make a typical Mexican recipe: Corn Nachos with Guacamole.
They were delicious!
Do you want to try it? We leave the recipe below.
Ingredients for Nachos:
- 180g of Fidu Corn Flour
- 40g of Fidu Corn Starch
- 1 c. salt coffee
- 1 c. soup (10g) of olive oil
- 170g of water
Preparation of Nachos:
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. In a bowl, add the Fidu Corn Flour, the Fidu Corn Starch and the salt. Mix well.
3. Add the oil and mix.
4. Gradually add the water while mixing, until it forms a ball of dough that comes off the bowl easily.
5. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the countertop, pour a drizzle of oil and spread it evenly with the help of a fork. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper so that it is also covered in oil.
6. Divide the dough into 4 portions.
7. Form a ball with 1 portion of dough. Place it in the center between the two sheets of parchment paper, so that the oiled sides are facing the dough.
8. Flatten the dough and smooth with a rolling pin until a thin layer of dough forms. The thinner it gets, the crispier the nachos will be.
9. Carefully remove the top sheet of paper and cut the dough into triangles.
10. Transfer the sheet of paper with the cut dough to the preheated oven tray.
11. Bake in the oven for about 3 minutes. When they are golden, turn the nachos with the help of a spatula and leave them in the oven for a few more minutes until golden.
12. Repeat steps 7 to 11 with the remaining dough pieces.
13. Serve with Guacamole.
Ingredients for Guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 onion
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tomatoes
- Coriander qb
- 1 c. salt tea
Preparation of Guacamole:
1. Chop the onion and cover with the lime juice. Reserve.
2. Chop the tomato and coriander.
3. Place the avocado in a bowl and mash it with a fork until it forms a paste.
4. Add the salt, tomato and coriander. Mix well.
5. Add the onion with the lime juice and mix.
6. Serve with the Nachos.
Suggestion: You can also accompany these delicious nachos with a spicy tomato sauce or another of your choice.
Like all our products, Corn Flour and Fidu Corn Starch are free from the 14 main allergens and their traces, gluten free, lactose free, GMO free, no artificial additives and vegan.
Discover our entire range of Safe Ingredients for your recipes and let your imagination run wild.